- Have as much fun as humanly possible while abiding by the following guidelines.
- Maintain enthusiasm and composure, serving as a role model.
- Participate positively in the event or contest by supporting the coaches and participants.
- Exercise good judgment in cheering for outstanding performance, not against opponents or to ridicule an error.
- Follow the cheerleaders in positive cheers and yells to show support for the participants.
- Be an exemplary role model by positively supporting teams in every manner possible, including content of cheers and signs.
- Show respect and concern for an injured player, regardless of team.
- Respect decisions made by contest officials.
- Realize that a ticket represents a privilege and a responsibility to observe and positively support a high school activity, not a license to verbally assault others or be generally obnoxious.
- Respect fans, coaches, and participants.
- Encourage surrounding fans to display only sportsmanlike conduct.
- Resist being drawn into negative conduct by other fans, including opposing fans.
The following represent some, but not all examples of negative fan behavior, and will not be tolerated at Marina High School activities.
- Any yells or cheers directed at a single opposing player or coach by name or by number.
- Disrespectful or derogatory yells, chants, songs or gestures directed at the opposing team.
- Booing or heckling an official’s decision, criticizing officials in any way, or displays of temper with an official’s call.
- Engaging an opposing fan or group of fans in a dispute or argument.
- Yells that antagonize opponents or their fans.
- Blaming loss of game on officials, coaches or participants.
- Yelling at or criticizing coaches or participants of either team.
- Attempting to coach from the bleachers or sidelines, giving specific instructions to any participant.
- Destruction of property, signs or equipment.
- Running onto the floor or field of play before, during or after the contest.
- Use of profane, vulgar or abusive language or name calling.
- The school administration, security, and supervision staff is responsible for enforcement of all activities, including those at other facilities. Any person acting in an unacceptable manner faces expulsion from the contest or activity and possible exclusion from subsequent contests or activities.