Support Marina Softball and Girls’ Basketball!
Going to the OC International Auto Show in Anaheim? If so, you can help Marina Softball and Girls’ Basketball raise money. It’s easy! Buy your tickets online and before you pay, select Marina as the organization you wish to support. Then choose Softball or Basketball and put Michelle Spencer, Athletic Director, on the order sheet. You get the tickets and that sport gets100% of the money for the tickets!! You can also send this to someone who is planning on going, or someone you think might want to go! For more information, visitwww.OCStudentFundraising.com . Tickets are $10 (kids 12 and under are free). You also get a free subscription to MotorTrend!
HOT NEW RIDES, CONCEPTS, EXOTICS, AND MUCH MORE! :: OCTOBER 4-7TH, 2012 | ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER :: WWW.AUTOSHOWOC.COM
BUY A TICKET AND 100% GOES TO Marina Softball
Support the Marina Band! Buy SCRIP!
The Marina band is selling SCRIP Cards. They work just like a regular gift card, but when you buy them directly from the band, MHS band students get a percentage back which helps support their program. The band always has a supply of gas, grocery and local fast food gift cards on hand in the band room. Whatever they don’t have in stock will be delivered the next week. To see a complete list of SCRIP retailers visit www.glscrip.com. Buy all your Amazon, iTunes, VONs, Gas, Barnes & Noble and other store gift cards through this SCRIP program. There’s no extra cost to you and you can support MHS in the process. For more information, contact John McGilligan, Band Director at email@example.com or stop by the band room.
Support the Viking Voyage Program!
Get your car washed this Saturday, September 8th in the MHS parking lot from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All proceeds support MHS’s freshmen orientation program.
- Boys Basketball Tryouts continue today at 7 p.m. and tomorrow, Friday, at 3 p.m. Please attend all dates if you are interested in basketball.
- Hockey Tryouts are scheduled for this Friday at 4 p.m. at the Rinks of Huntington Beach located at 5555 McFadden Avenue. The donation for trying out will be no more than $10.
- Support Marina Football, this Friday, 9/7, as we go up against the Westminster Lions, 7pm at Westminster HS.
- Boys Soccer Tryouts are Tuesday, 9/11 and Wednesday 9/12 after 6th period out on the soccer fields.
- ID CARDS - All students MUST have an ID card with them at all times while on campus. This includes dances and sporting events. If you need an ID card, come to room 301.
- Aloha Dance! - Our first dance of the year is tomorrow, Friday, September 7th, from 8-11 p.m. in the Bowl. Tickets are $7 with ASB or Super Viking and $10 without. You must have your ID to attend. Pre-sale tickets are now on sale at the Financial Office.
- Mock Trial - Interested in mock trail? Pick up your application in Room 103 or 104. All applications are due by Friday (tomorrow!).
- Fall Sports Rally - Show your Viking Spirit!! September 10-14th is Spirit Week. Monday 9/10 – Hat Day; Tuesday 9/11 – Red, White & Blue Day; Wednesday 9/12 – Band T-Shirt Day; Thursday 9/13 – Twin Day; and Friday, 9/14 – Marina Colors Day.
- Listen up MHS Clubs!! - Marina club applications are out. If you are part of an established club and wish to recharter, or if you’d like to start a new club, you MUST complete some forms, which are available in room 301. Forms must be completed and returned by Tuesday, September 18th along with the proper contact information. There will be a club president meeting the following day in room 301.
- Student of the Month Applications - Hey Seniors! Applications are available in room 301. Don’t miss out! Applications are due September 19th.
- Marina Improv Club Tryouts are on September 26th and 27th after school. Make-up tryouts will be held on October 3rd and 4th. Look for their table at Club Rush!
Marina parent volunteers are welcome and needed for a wide range of school projects and activities. Come to a PTSA meeting, participate in the MHS Educational Foundation, find out about Grad Nite, learn about the School Site Council and participate in one of Marina’s many parent booster groups. There are many ways to get involved depending on your (and your student’s) interests. To receive emails about volunteer opportunities as they become available, join the MHS Google Group for Volunteer Opportunities. You can respond to the opportunities that interest you. To join, go to http://groups.google.com/a/
OTHER CAMPUS NEWS
- The Bell Schedule For Next Two Weeks!
Tuesday, September 11 – Tutorial
Wednesday, September 12 – Tutorial 2
Thursday, September 13 – Tutorial 3
Friday, September 14 – Assembly
Monday, September 17 – Planning
Tuesday, September 18 – Tutorial 4
Wednesday, September 19 – Tutorial 5
Thursday, September 20 – Tutorial 6
Friday, September 21 – Traditional
- Miss breakfast in the morning? Visit the campus snack bar before school and try the new Mocha Bliss Frappacino or enjoy a sausage sandwich, fresh fruit, donuts, muffins, and more!
- Do you qualify for a free lunch? Come to the health office and pick up a lunch application, or check on the status of an existing application.
Don’t miss any updates from Marina!! Join Twitter today and follow Marina High School! http://twitter.com. Marina news will be texted or emailed to you as it happens.
- Link the MHS Activities Calendar to your own Google calendar and have the most updated version of the school calendar at your fingertips. Visit the MHS website and click on the “Master Calendar” on the homepage. Then click on the “Google Calendar” link at the bottom of the Activities Calendar.
- Spread the Word! If you received this email, you’re already a member, but encourage other MHS parents to join the MHS Google Group for MHS News & Announcements. To join, go to http://groups.google.com/a/
hbuhsd.edu/group/then click on apply for group membership. mhslistannouncements